You know how it is: whilst sorting out the recycling you happen across something that just says 'make me'. Kind of sick when I think about it some more. Be that as it may, in a matter of a couple of hours we've gone from trash to something that's promising to be treasure.
Behold, a fortification type thing!!!
The end result took a few successive attempts at painting to get it right-ish. I hand mixed various shades of grey and applied them over a mat black undercoat in an attempt to create a little more depth via shadows etc. I've got some ideas for adding a little more character to the building e.g., some "Zone 16" type things, but that can wait for the moment.
 |
| "Nice Echidna, dinner is on its way, just calm down" |
 |
| "Jimbo, maybe we should just leave the tin can to it..." |
 |
| "Where the hell did that green thing come from? Bloody weeds!" |
 |
| A little more detail added including firing slits along three of the building's sides (using slotted bases); studs on the roof's barriers (glued on some craft things raided from Harriet's craft supplies); a hatch (flying base + bits) and some detail around the airlock (including some light-type bumper bar from one of Charlie's broken matchbox cars). |
 |
| A work-in-progress shot pre-roof hatch and other bits and bobs.PS those figures in the shot are 28mm. |
 |
| Some of the building process. The roof-top's floor (in yellow) was a bit of textured plastic sold by Safeway as a cutting board. The bulk of the building was (I think) once held ANZAC biscuits. The airlock was screw-in plug. The firing platform was made from card and the eight barriers were excess bits from a deck I built - plenty more where they came from (unfortunately, because they were bloody expensive!) |